Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Rameshwar Teli, informed today that a mega food park has been approved for Meghalaya by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
Teli, who is in Shillong to attend a programme organised by the Parliamentary Research and Training Institute for Democracies (PRIDE), said that this will be set up in Mendipathar, North Garo Hills. The project is estimated to cost Rs 65.25 crore.
Under the project, the central ministry will extend a 75 per cent subsidy to cover the cost, with the remaining 25 per cent to be borne by the Meghalaya government.
Meanwhile, Teli also said that two further units are being set up in Ri-Bhoi, for which Rs 13 crore will be released.