Two brothers were electrocuted after they came into contact with a live wire outside their home at Umsalait village in West Jaiñtia Hills district today morning.
The deceased have been identified as Ripynskhem Papeng (9) and Ardaban Papeng (2) sons of Pdiang Papeng and Darling Shadap.
Villagers said that the elder brother was carrying his young brother on his back and was walking. He accidently touched the live wire killing both of them.
Meanwhile, the Meghalaya People United Front (MPUF) has urged the power department to take note of such accidents and ensure wires are properly laid. The organisation has also demanded immediate compensation for the family.