In a suspected case of food poisoning 40 people were taken ill after consuming pork at a wedding party at Nongkhrah village in Ri Bhoi district.
The patients were admitted in Civil Hospital and Bethany Hospital, Nongpoh for medical treatment.
It is learnt that the affected persons had attended a wedding party held on February 10 in the village.
A patient said he started vomiting and developed indigestion symptoms the next day.
Meanwhile, the office of the District Health and Medical Officer has assigned doctors to the village to collect food samples which caused the food poisoning.
Leave a Reply