Four homes in the village of Songsak, East Garo Hills, were gutted in a huge fire that was caused by a snapped electrical wire.
No casualties were reported in the incident, which took place at around 9am yesterday. However, all four houses were reduced to ashes.
The Deputy Commissioner informed that the accident is being looked into.
“An initial proposal on the incident has been sent to the state government over compensation but will be confirmed after the complete report as per [disaster response force],” the DC, Swapnil Tembe, said.