Shillong, May 19: NEET sitters from Meghalaya were left frustrated, along with those across the country, after the exam was cancelled after it had been held due to a paper leak. Empathising with them, Meghalaya Health Minister Wailadmiki Shylla today said that they should treat the situation as an opportunity to do better when the test is held again.
Shylla appealed to the students not to lose hope and added that the rescheduled NEET is expected to be held on June 21.
Describing the incident as “very unfortunate”, Shylla said the central government must put in place stricter measures to restore the confidence of students and parents in the examination system.
He said repeated irregularities in competitive examinations were discouraging students aspiring to pursue medical careers and stressed that the National Testing Agency must ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future.























