Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Banteidor Lyngdoh defended the conduct of the 4th Meghalaya Games, which began under a cloud after the poor state of accommodation for athletes went viral.
Lyngdoh appeared miffed after a journalist said that the Games, which were held in May, had been a disaster.
Meghalaya is now preparing to host the North East Olympic Games, which will begin on October 30.
Lyngdoh said that the state event had been a testing ground and practice run for the bigger and higher profile North East competition. The minister also said that the state is fully prepared for the regional Games.
“The same kind of instances witnessed by athletes will not happen again because we are doing the best we can. We have been preparing for the last six months, so we are well prepared,” Lyngdoh said.






















